Monday, April 10, 2006

The Boyfriend Election






So it's election time again here in Arkansas. The primary is in May, and the political signs are going up all over the state. I love this time of year. The weather gets warmer, the days get longer, and the politicians get busier. Yesterday I went for a nice long run, the weather was perfect. As I ran past dozens of yard signs advertising this candidate or that, it got me to thinking about dating and elections. Is dating, like an election, were the best "man-i-date" wins?

It's pretty common for me to have more than one man in the race, so to speak. I usually date a couple of guys here or there, until I decide which one I like the best, then I quit dating the others, much like an election. However, what makes me chose this one particular guy?

Does he get the popular vote? I like him the most because he's cute, nice, polite, and my friends like him?

Do I like him because he runs on the issues? We have a lot in common; same religion, same basic views, same kind of childhood, etc.

Do I like him because he raises the most money, *I know gag*? (i.e. he spends lots of money on me--for the record I can't ever remember liking a guy for this reason)

Or do I like him because he's the loose cannon of the election? I never know what he's going to do next, he might have a bit of a wild side, and we don't have much in common.

I've thought about all of these reasons why I might like one guy over the next, and I can't seem to nail down one particular trend for choosing. Unlike my voting style, my dating style seems to be bi-partisan.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Original and very interesting analogy. I am interested in reading more.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog!!!!! I look forward to reading all your blogs. Thanks for sharing with us!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon