Wednesday, March 29, 2006

This Is What I've Needed

As I close my eyes and listen, I can hear it relaxing me. I lay back and listen to that voice I haven't heard in awhile. I take a deep breath and feel my tensions melt, it's been to long.

This is what I've needed. Why have I gone so long without it? I crave it now. I've always had a connection to it, but now I need it all the time. It does so many wonderful things for me.

It takes me back to memories of easier days. It makes me laugh and cry at the same time. It makes me remember that drive, it makes me remember that day. It makes me miss things I don't have any longer.

I miss it, I miss the love of my life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ode to Anne

Your mother shared it with you... when you were just a little girl.
You were friends with it when life was fresh in your own.... little world.
You shared it with your baby doll, little brother and your jacks and ball
Still you’re the only one that can make the call...
Do you hum along with it or sing the song…..

It’s made you laugh and it’s made you want to cry...
It’s always there to count on...
it’s as big as the blue sky
It left its mark to tell the time...
through hard rock, rap and country time
And when the fading day is almost through
You will know if you should rock or sing the blues

You’ve shared it with your girlfriends and even driving all alone
From Arkansas to Nashville until Missouri you’d come home...
It’s held your hand when a loved one’s died, to help you cope and reason why
Still you’re the only one that can read the sign...
Will it be the first hello or the last goodbye

It’s made you laugh and it’s made you want to cry...
It’s always there to count on... it’s as big as the blue sky...
It left its mark to tell the time….through gospel , punk and miller time...
And when the fading day is almost through
You will know if you should rock or sing the blues

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon