Monday, April 03, 2006

What Finger Is This?

I spend a lot of time discussing how boys behave, but I rarely talk about how girls act. I had quite the experience this past weekend. Now first, let me just say that I am not going to pretend that girls are nice people. We are not! We are mean, catty, conniving, bitchy, uncontrollable, snotty, basically insert any verb that is negative.

My best friend threw a party this weekend for her best friend, and it basically turned into a _______(insert any negative verb) fest. I felt so bad for my friend. She worked her butt off on that party, she spent a ton of money, and the majority of the people at the party treated her awful. And, apparently this rudeness was transferred to me also.

There was just a small group of girls that were nice to me. Apparently, I'm not as welcome in that "circle of friends" as I thought. Funny how that happens. However, happy go lucky me didn't care a bit, not even when one of the guests (drunk and disorderly as she was) walked right up to me, flipped me off, and then said, "Hey Anne, what finger is this"? I should have knocked her out, but I'm a lady, and was also a guest at the party. So instead I looked her square in the eye and said, "I think it's the middle one". (I had to laugh, it was so pathetic) Later, once I had time to think about it, I should have come up with a better line. Something more "Anneish", I should have said, "Oh my gosh, you want to do me too"? But, the witty words were lost on me that night.

I made it through the night just fine. But my best friend, she really got her feelings hurt. And that makes me more mad than hearing another guest at the party call me a--okay I know how mature this sounds *as I roll my eyes*--hoochie. I mean come on. How childish. But it didn't hurt my feelings, because I know I have more class than to cause a scene. I just wish, for my friends sake, the party would have gone smoother. So I wonder, why do girls tear each other down to build themselves up?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Anne, it’s sad to say this but females tend to be their own worse enemy. They fuss about their salaries and then turn around and complain when one of their own gets a raise. They protest about wanting an equal playing field but will down a girl if she sleeps around. They will criticize each other but then will be hurt when one of them decides to go outside the friendship circle to find other friends. Why do they do this you ask? Because purses aren’t just for holding keys and credit cards, every female also totes a little of the green eyed monster inside. She can’t help it….it is just a part of life….and the monster comes out to visit at times when all the female’s bravery won’t cover up her insecurities. One of the biggest reasons could be that many of them have been taught from an early age that “ladies don’t fight”. So, unlike guys, they can’t battle it out with their fists and just get over it. Instead, they raise their finger in salute ….and tell you …..”You’re number one”.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It takes a lot more muscle to smile that it does to make those ugly faces and gestures that whiney baby was making.... you used your very best weapon... your brains and your beautiful smile....you didn't even have to leave your chair to knock her out.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon