Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Caught My Attention

As are most southern girls, I am very diverse. I love designer clothes, although they are not always in my budget. I love to get all dressed up in pretty gowns and drink expensive champagne. I love to ride in nice cars, eat at nice restaurants. But these things only make me happy on special occasions. I couldn't imagine living this life all the time. (Good thing, I doubt I will ever have this kind of lifestyle, and that's fine with me. )

What I really like, is a simple, no fuss date, especially if it's not the first date. I had one of these last Saturday. I went on a fishing date all afternoon. A cooler of beer, a nice boat, his dog, and some good company. That's all I needed to enjoy the beautiful weather.

Growing up in a small southern town, fishing is a way of life. It was rare growing up to miss a warm Sunday afternoon on the river. That's one of the things I miss the most about home. In fact, I missed it so much last summer that I went home several weekends just to go out on the river with my friends. So you can imagine my excitement when he ask me if I wanted to go fishing with him!

We caught a few fish, caught a buzz, but mostly he caught my attention. He actually caught my eye over a month ago, but I learned a lot more about him after six hours in a boat. And I must say, I like what I learned.

We had planned on getting cleaned up and going out to dinner. But, honestly, I didn't want to go get all dressed up and go to dinner. I had enjoyed my low key day to much. I just wanted to get a burger, maybe play some pool, and relax. When I shared this idea with him, I think he was just as excited about the low key evening as I was. He beat me two of four pool games, and I gave him a dart game, but the company was great, the food was yummy, and the beer was cold. It was a perfect end to a perfect, low key, day of fishing.

And that my friends, is how you catch a southern girl, oh, and a few bass too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon