Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Wild Weekend

Since St. Pats Day fell on a Friday this year, it made for a crazy weekend. I spent Friday night in the River Market in LR, and Saturday I drove to Memphis to stay with my favorite cousin, and go to the Kid Rock concert. So the weekend was action packed.

Friday night saw to many vodka tonics. It was crazy crowded at the bar, but we had a great time anyway.

Saturday we got to Memphis and started in on the Green Monsters (A drink my cousin invented, Stone Vodka, tonic water, and Sour Apple Flavoring). We went down to Beale and ate at the Mexican/Italian Pizza Taco place. They even have shrimp cocktail, what a combination. I think this may be my new favorite place to eat in Memphis. We went to the concert and it was WILD. The cheap (actually very expensive) beer was flowing. We had seats way up in the rafters, but we didn't care. We could hear the music, see Kid Rock, and feel the heat from the pyrotechnics. It was quite a show. My guy friends with us had more interest in the 4 stripers (complete with striper poles) Kid Rock has on state at all times, then they did the rest of the show.

After the concert we planned on going to Kid Rocks after party, but we didn't make it. We went to several mid-town divers, and it was great. We played Shuffle Board, drank real cheap beer, and had some great Cheeseburgers (drunk food). We got home around 4:30 am (for the second night in a row). I was completely worn out on Sunday.

This coming weekend I am planning a trip to Nashville to see my friend Shy. He has to make it through round two of Nashville Star, which is tonight. If he makes it to next week, I'm off to NV on Friday morning. Don't forget to go vote for him if you get a chance, and check out the show. He is singing "Sweet Home Alabama" tonight, it's gonna rock!

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/nashvillestar/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon