Friday, March 17, 2006

Rekindled Friendship


Last summer before I moved to Charlotte I went to see my favorite band, Cross Canadian when they came to LR. Of course CCR was awesome, but the band that opened for them, Shy Blakeman and Whiskey Fever, rocked also. The lead singer had so much energy. He was so much fun to watch, and when they covered Marshall Tucker, the crowd went wild. It was great. After the show I met Shy, and we got to talking. We ended up spending they next couple of hours hanging out, talking, drinking, and two-stepping. I had such a good time. We exchanged numbers and talked for the next couple of weeks.

Then one afternoon I returned a missed call from him only to have his girlfriend yell at me. I didn't know he had a girlfriend, I was a little surprised, but I was more upset because I knew I would miss my new friend. Shy said we couldn't talk any more while his girlfriend yelled in the back ground that I better not call him again. So I never called him again, and he never tried to contact me either.

Then while flipping through the channels on Tuesday night, I saw Shy. He is a contestant on Nashville Star this season. I was so surprised, I ended up watching the whole show. It wasn't really my kind of thing, but Shy's performance was great. I decided it had been long enough. Girlfriend or not, I was at least going to e-mail him and tell him congrats. So I did just that, yesterday. He e-mailed me back and apologized for that day and that now ex-girlfriend. He said he felt really bad about all of that and he hoped we could be friends again. So, we have rekindled our friendship. It's so strange, because it's like we have been friends this whole time, like we haven't missed a thing. We've talked on the phone several times, and I just may go to Nashville next weekend and see him.

So, this is a shameless plug, please go vote for him if you get a chance. He is very talented, and fun to watch. He deserves to stick around for awhile and show people what he can do!!!
http://www.usanetwork.com/series/nashvillestar/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon