Friday, December 01, 2006

Middle Aged?

Brother Chef called me today and ask me how it felt, and if it was all down hill from here. The little smart ass was referring to the fact that today is my birthday. He thinks I’m now considered middle age. Apparently he has given me a life expectancy of 52, because today I am 26 years old.

When I was little, 26 was my old age limit. I remember when I was probably 12 or so thinking that by the time I was 26 I was going to be married, drive a white Corvette (just like Barbie) and be married to a doctor who was a lawyer and architect in his spare time. I remember thinking I want to have the first of two kids when I'm 26 because I don't want to be an "old un-cool" mom, and I will probably have a horse and a big white house. Twenty-six seemed like forever from then. But now 26 is here, and I'm not married to a doctor architect lawyer, my white Corvette is a four door car that's seven years old and approaching 100,000 miles. I don't have any children and my big white house is a two bedroom apartment I share with my little Chihuahua. But I couldn't be happier.

At this time last year I was living in a great two bedroom house next door to the sweetest woman, who remains one of my closest friends. I had the same job last year, the same car, and the same dog. But something was missing that's not missing now that I'm twenty six. Now I'm in love, and I'm really happy. I won't be spending my 26th birthday with him, he's working in Mississippi, but I will be out with several of my best girlfriends tonight, and I'm really excited about that.

Just because I've reached my old age limit, doesn't mean I feel old or I have to act old. I'm still young, and I'm very happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon