Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Giving Oxford A Second Chance

I'm not big on second chances. That old saying, "Everyone deserves a second chance," yeah, I don't believe that. I think second chances are a good idea, but I don’t think everyone is worthy of a second chance. However, I think the Mississippi Boy and I deserve to try it again, and I think we deserve for it to work out this time.

I'm meeting him in Oxford this weekend, or at least that's the current plan. The last time we spent the weekend together in Oxford it wasn't great, in fact, it wasn't even good. It seemed like we were both trying to hard, or maybe we weren't trying at all, I don't know.

Right after I came back from Oxford we got into a huge argument and I decided that he didn't need to fly to LR to see me. We basically ended things on the phone and that was that. But then of course we started talking again, and he drove to LR two weeks ago. We had a very nice, laid back, no family around weekend. It was just what we needed.

He wanted me to drive to Biloxi this weekend, but due to work restraints, I won't be able to, so we are meeting in Oxford. I'm planning a trip to see him in December, he'll be home for Thanksgiving, and hopefully we'll be together for Christmas and New Years.

I'm not worried about it being weird again this weekend in Oxford, okay that's a lie, I’m a little nervous about it. But, I'm going to give it a second chance, and hope that we deserve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon