Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Good Bye My Good Friend, I'll Miss You


On Sunday a very good friend of mine, Amos Camden Riley Bock passed away. He was killed by an explosion in Iraq. He wasn't just a friend, he was a neighbor, and I always considered him family. Camden and I grew up together. Most of my favorite childhood memories include he and his sister. I'm going to miss him very much.

I know that God has a plan for everyone, and I've always thought that to be true. But, in Camden's situation it's hard to grasp what that plan is going to be. I look at the war, and all of the things I don't understand about it. I wonder if those young men and women (yes, young, much younger than myself) even know why they are fighting now. I saw on the news yesterday a soldier saying that now they are just fighting to protect there comrades, so they can all go home together. How can we leave all of those innocent soldiers over there to just protect themselves until someone decides that we've won the war and it's time to come home. How do we gage when "we've won". Because lets face it, no one will ever say we lost, there is to much at steak. To much money has been spent looking for weapons of mass destruction that obviously don't exist, and to many American's have died. So when is it over? When can the rest of our friends, family, brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles, parents, and grandparents come home?

The death of Camden has brought a lot of question to my mind. I've never supported the reasons I've been given as to why we went to war in the first place, but I've ALWAYS supported the men and women who went to war.

This week, since finding out about my good friend, I've been touched to see the outpoor of poeple who have said how much they are going to miss Camden too. The guy who recovered Camden e-mailed me. In fact, he's e-mailed me several times, and his attitude and compassion have touched me. How these guys do what they do every day is beyound me. I'm completely in awe of this friend of Camden's and how well he's handled me during this situation. Camden was very lucky to have this guy with him in Iraq. My prayers are with him and the others that Camden left behind.

Good bye my good friend. I will never forget you, you will be in my heart always. I love you, and I'll always miss you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want you to know I appreciate being able to share wonderful stories about Camden with you and your brother. I am so sorry you two along with the other young folks that went to school with Camden had to lose your childhood friend as well as your childhood at the same time.

I love you,

Mom

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon