Monday, December 04, 2006

Partying Like A Grown Up

Friday for my birthday, I had dinner with three of my best girlfriends. We went to Cheers in the Heights. It's one of my favorite places, and the atmosphere is great for a casual dinner with delicious food. Now back in our party like a rock star days, there would have been no dinner, we would have drank our dinner at the bar. But not this year!

After dinner three of us went out, my other good friend just found out she's going to have a baby, so she took dinner home to her husband and called it a night. It was just like old times, sort of. The three of us went to two of our favorite downtown bars. We drank, talked, laughed, took a shot and lot's of pictures, it was so much fun. But it was so different from our party like a rock star days. None of us talked to any cute boys, we didn't take more than one shot all night, no one lost their purse, wallet, or a shoe, and at the end of the night we all went home alone. Not to say we used to be wild or anything, but we used to really hit it hard when we went out partying. Things are different now. My Mississippi boyfriend couldn't make it into town this weekend, he was working, M's boyfriend was out of town, and E's boyfriend was told to stay home and be our DD when we needed to go home. So he showed up around 1am and took us all home.

Don't get me wrong, I had a blast, I even sat on the piano and let them sing to me. It was wonderful to be out with my girlfriends! But, I wasn't looking at guys, I don't think I even noticed one all night. I knew my Mississippi boyfriend was out with his buddies in Biloxi, and I wasn't the least bit bothered by that. We called each other a couple of times throughout the night, and I talked to him for about an hour when I got home. I didn't let any guys buy me a drink, I didn't get any guys phone numbers, and still I had the best time.

Used to, when the girls went out we would party like a rock star. Is this what it's like to hang up my rock star ways and party like a grown up? Maybe it is, if so, I like being a grown up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon