Wednesday, December 21, 2005

How Did We Overlook You

I went out the other night with a group of college friends. We ran into some guys that we went to school with, but they didn't recognize me. I told them that we had all had classes together, they still didn't remember me. I told them the organizations I was involved in, and that I was on Homecoming Court, they still had no idea who I was.

Then one of them said to me, "How did we overlook you"? Wow, was that a compliment or an insult? Either way it got me to thinking of the things I have overlooked in the past. I am a very perceptive person, I don't miss much. I have overlooked people being mean or hurtful to me. I have done that several times, but I can't remember ever overlooking someone and then pointing it out to them later. That seems a bit cruel.

I have overlooked a smartass comment thrown my way for no reason. I have overlooked people cutting me off in traffic (although with my mild road rage I probably cussed them under my breath). I rarely get pushed around, but some things are better left overlooked.

I've thought a lot about this the past few days. Was I that easy to miss when I was in college, or where these two guys just so busy (i.e. self-absorbed) that they didn't notice me. How many wonderful people have I overlooked or not noticed? And what a strange thing to point out to someone, that you overlooked them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon