Monday, December 05, 2005

New Years Eve Shot Gun

New Years Eve is one of my favorite nights of the year. I love getting dressed up and going out with friends. Two of my college friends have a birthday on New Years Day, so last year we had a huge celebration for the New Year and their birthday, it was a lot of fun.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about what I wanted to do this year. I know I won't be going out with the girls I went out with last year, we have since grown apart. There will be lots of my college friends in town this year, and they are planning a huge party downtown. I thought I might do that. I considered going home since my moms birthday is December 30th, and I haven't been home on her birthday in a long time. I thought about trying to get together with some old high school friends too. However, my thoughts of New Years Eve changed just a little this weekend.

I went to a Taylor fight party on Saturday night--as did most Arkansans. It was at a guys house I have been seeing for a couple of weeks. The guy and I went to college together, I've know him/of him for several years. We have taken things very slow, we only see each other a couple of times a week, we don't talk every day, it's been nice going so slow. On Saturday he ask me what I was planning for New Years Eve. I told him about a the huge party our friends are throwing downtown, and how I was told to inform him about it.

He ask me to attend a wedding with him on New Years Eve. The wedding is in West Arkansas, and it just happens to be the wedding for the earlier mentioned guy that just recently got engaged and has a baby on the way. I used to sort of date this guy, and while I have no feelings for him, would it be strange to be at his wedding? Strange for him that is? The guy I've been seeing knows about our past, and it doesn't bother him at all. I doesn't bother me either, I just don't want it to be weird. So, now it looks like my plans have changed from partying like a rock star with a couple hundred friends from college, to attending the wedding of an ex. How do I get into these strange situations? I didn't say yes or no to these plans for New Years Eve, I just said I would think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon