Monday, November 21, 2005

The Apple, The Fence, And The Game

I am no longer sitting on the fence, no longer thinking about the worm infested apple, I'm in my own new game. It all started this Friday with a call from the worm, and a missed date with the player.

The player said he had to work all weekend, and in order to take off and tail gate with me and a big group of friends, he would have to stay home on Friday night. So, we wouldn't see each other until right before the Hogs took the field on Saturday. Fine, I can deal with that, I'm not going to let that disrupt my night or my plans. Then the worm called to see when I would be home and when I would jump the fence to his house.

Friday night was great. There was about 30 of us, and we had a wonderful time dancing and binge drinking. Saturday the player was late getting to my house, and we where even later getting to the tail gate location to meet up with some friends of mine. After about an hour the player said he wasn't having fun, and all he could think about was his work he still had to do. He decided to go home, and told me he would not be joining up to meet us on Saturday night. He said he just really thought he needed to get all of his work finished. He would see me later in the week. The only problem with that is that later in the week just happens to be a holiday, so I won't be around. I didn't even worry with telling him that, I knew what was really going on-or so I thought.

Shortly after the player left the tail gate, I ran into a mutual friend of mine and the players. I want to school with the friend, and have flirted with the friend for close to three years now, but nothing has ever come of this. However, right before the player ask me out, so did the friend. I chose the player over the friend-bad decision. The player never would tell the friend he was seeing me, even when the friend would call my cell then the players when we where out on a date. While I was talking to the friend, the player called him to ask him where "they where going out that night". Turns out the player really was planning on going out. Turns out he lied to me. I heard the whole conversation, at which time I told the friend that I had gone out with the player a few times, but that nothing really developed from it. The friend was a little surprised, and told me that he would now have to "let things simmer down" before he ask me out".

The friend and I ended up going out to dinner after we left the tail gate, then down to the bar where all of our friends where supposed to meet up that night. As soon as I walked in the door I literally bumped into the player. He was shocked to see me, especially walk in with our friend. I just said hello and was real polite. Later the player ask me if I was going to talk to him. I told him I really didn't think so. I thought it was over from there. But the player had to call me one last time to be rude on my voice mail. He said something about if I wanted to talk to him, I knew where to reach him. I later found out that he didn't work on Friday night, he went out to dinner and drinks with our friend and didn't get home until later.

The worm informed me last night that he has been talking with his ex a fiancé. She's my age, actually I went to high school with her. The worm has ask me several times to come hang out at his house tomorrow. He wants me to stay over in one of the guest rooms. I really think that is just one more reason to not get involved in that situation. I know I won't get attached to this worm, but I don't want to get involved in even more drama.

For the past two weeks I've been wondering which side of the fence I needed to jump to. I thought at first that there was a sweet, cute, thoughtful guy on one side, and a wormy apple on the other. When it really turns out that I was sitting on a fence with a player on one side, and a worm on the other, and the whole thing was just a game from the beginning.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks to me like you were sitting in the rotten apple tree and both guys are worms. In that case I'd have to say two bad apples did spoil the whole bunch. May want to pick another orchard.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Anomy.,
I think your definitely right on there. The above post is dedicated to that idea!! Thanks!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon