Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Lucky In Friendship

I've been thinking a lot about the relationships I've had this year. I've had some time to reflect on my circle of friends, how it's changed over the course of the year, and how I feel about these changes. I've also had time to think about the people that have meant the most to me this year. The one's that have stood beside me and behind me. The people that have watched me survive, watched me get angry, watched me get motivated, and watched me grow into the person that I am now. I am very lucky to have so many people in my life that care so much about me. I'm also a little sad that I am not as close to some of the people that I was at this time last year.

I must admit I have the best family in the world (of course I'm a little biased). But they are great. My parents are supportive, loving, and always willing to give advice when I desperately need it. My brother is happy, healthy, and doing what he loves. He's sweet, funny, and I miss him so very much. My two best friends from home (a girl my age, and a guy who is 38) are the best friends I could ever ask for. They go out of their way to spend time with me when I do get to go home. They always call to fill me in on the latest gossip, and never forget my birthday. I have several good friends here in Little Rock. I have a "circle", which is more a less a group of us that all go out together, look out for each other, and stay in constant contact. We always have a good time when we go out, and we always invite people outside of the "circle" to go out. This makes it a lot of fun because often times when we get the "crew", as we call it, together, there are 20+ people with us.

I have two very special girl friends here that I have been close to for a long while. These two girls are always there for me. They are happy to go to lunch, shopping, out on the town, or lay around and do nothing by analysis the drama from the weekend before. These two girls always give me wonderful advice, always listen to my crazies stories, and never judge me. These two girls, DC Shiraz and neighbor Alexsis are the two best girlfriends I could ever ask for. I love them dearly.

I am very lucky to have so many caring special people in my life. I am constantly surrounded by love, and even though the only real man in my life is Louie V, I am lucky to be loved by so many friends.. I am lucky to have such good people I call my friends and family.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anisa said...

i am so grateful for all of my friends too! recently my circle has really grown, and i am so excited about it.

and yes, dc shiraz is great!! :)

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWWW!! Love you, Anne! You are a wonderful friend, too!

And love you, Anisa!

I'm very lucky to have such great friends, as well!!!!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I hope both of you get out of you sad moods and enjoy the rest of the week and weekend!!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon