Friday, November 18, 2005

The Apple That Falls From The Tree

I'm faced with a huge dilemma. Should I let temptation control me when I go back to my small, southern home town next week? Should I live for the moment or continue to live the rational existence that is my life?

Should I make a choice even though I know it's probably not the best choice for me? Should I give in to these attractions? Or should I continue to remain strong, flirt like crazy with temptation, but not give in? Can I do this? Can I even handle it?

Should I meet up with him and have a great time laughing and talking, flirting and possibly slow dancing while he sings to me? Should I let myself get rolled over by his good looks and wonderful laugh? Should I blush at the compliments that he gives me, knowing that he means every word? Should I fall for the things he says and the way he looks at me?

Should I take a bite from the apple even though there is probably a worm in it?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you have to ask yourself the question, "Will I like myself in the morning?" In other words Anne, it's probably ok to flirt and have fun, as long as you draw the line before the point of no return. Seems to me you are a woman with high morals and sometimes keeping a little mystery about you is a good thing. So you might want to see if there have been a lot of people eating on this apple, and if so, is this worm the worm for you? If not, it wouldn't be worth the bite. Gosh I love your blog.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Blair,

This is definitely not the worm for me. He has spent time with lot's of other apples. However, I think he is pretty harmless, and the ball is in my court. I know how to keep the ball. I guess the one thing I'm worried about is what other people will think/say if they see me and this worm out together. It's a small town, people will definitely talk. I don't want to become another one of his "victims" and I don't pretend I can change him in any way. To me it would be fun and flirty, but is the price I would pay bigger than it's worth?

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you know it is.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon