Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My Many Crushes, Dates, And Debaucheries of 2005

I started the year off with a New Years Eve kiss from the sweetest guy. We dated for a couple of weeks before he told me, "I could really care for you, if only you weren't Catholic." Turns out he would only date someone that was of the same religion him. We have stayed friends though. I hate that he is narrow minded about religion, but I understand. If he couldn't take me home to meet his parents some day, then what's the point in dating.

A couple of months later I dated they guy who never called me back. We dated for three months, where as serious at two people can get (and still be sane) during three months, then he just never called me back. (However, now he calls pretty often. I think he just has a case of, he wants what he can't have) I really liked him, really liked his family, but apparently we where not on the same page. I wonder now if he regrets his actions? He sure calls enough.

That breakup, or non-breakup pushed me right into the sweetest guy ever. He was, unfortunately, moving away just a month after I met him. But during that month it was great. I was also moving away the same weekend he was, we thought we could try to work it out. But that only lasted about a week before it was obvious that outside of that one month, there was nothing else there.

Next was a string of disasters. The rockstar who was only in town for the weekend. We met after his bands concert, and we talked on the phone lots after he left. He wanted me to come see a show down in TX, I actually considered it. Until I returned his call one morning and his girlfriend picked up the phone and politely cussed me out and ask me not to call again. I didn't know he was dating someone, and I told her he never gave me any indication that she existed, then I politely hung up and deleted his number from my phone. Next was the writer. I had a small crush on him since moving to LR, and I thought, on my last night in town, I should tell him. Well I did, and he was real sweet about it, but that ended what little friendship we had, and I haven't talked to him since. Then there was the forbidden guy from my hometown. I was home for a month, and had to attend a good friends funeral, he was there, I was there, it made sense at the time. After a week I got really tired of him "being there" all the time, so I moved on to a younger guy. Another forbidden guy from home. Actually a friend of my younger brother. He treated me really sweet. He was thoughtful, considerate, but he didn't have much drive, and I didn't want to raise him. So when I moved back to AR, that was the end of that.

After moving back to AR, I ran into several guys that I used to date. I went out quite a bit to see old friends and get back into the social groove. Meeting up with ex's kept me busy for a few weeks, but again, this was all disastrous.

Then I developed a small flirtation with a guy at the gym. He was totally wrong for me. He was overly confident, and I think he even had a girlfriend that he didn't tell me about . Either way, he occupied my time for at least a couple hours a day while we where working out. But, now looking back I can see that he is much better off as a friend.

I started dating a twin that completely shook me up, for about two weeks. He was so cute, so sweet, such a liar. He lied to me almost every time he opened his mouth. Then his twin brother ask me out and said he didn't want his brother to know. How crazy! That was just to much drama for me. However, I did date a good friend of theirs for a couple of weeks, another bad idea.

Now I am alone. Which is probably a good thing considering the luck I've had in 05. I have had a crush on someone since early September. This, I will have to say, is the longest crush without even so much as a date, that I have ever had. I wrote about him in my "Infatuation" entry. I am just sitting and waiting on him to ask me out. I am tried of taking things in my own hands.

So who will I kiss this New Years Eve? I will give Louie V a kiss on top of the head if I am home at midnight, which I hope I won't be. More than likely I will kiss all of my friends, on the cheek of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon