Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Is It Time?

I think I really like him. It's been a month or so, and we've spent quite a bit of time together. We talk and laugh. He's taken me fishing twice, and to a southern girl living in a city, fishing is something I really miss. He doesn't lose his temper when I get hung up in four or five tree branches (at one time). He's impressed that I'm not scared to drive the boat across the main channel, and of course I would never be concerned about breaking a nail opening a can of beer. I think he likes this low maintenance side of me. And honestly I appreciate that I can just be myself around him.

So I'm starting to wonder, is it time? You know, time? I've put a lot of thought into it, and I really like him, but do I want to complicate things? I mean, he's never seen that side of me, am I ready for that? What if it's terrible and he decides he doesn't like me any more? What then? I just don't know, I've been thinking about it a lot. Actually, we have discussed it, and we have decided that tomorrow night is the night. It's gonna happen, I'm going to cook him dinner.

I brag because my little brother is a professional chef, like that is supposed to mean I'm a good cook or something. But I'm cooking him lasagna, and I’m pretty good at that. So hopefully it won't be terrible, no one will die from eating it, and we can get through this major milestone without any complication, nervousness, or kitchen fires. Wish me luck, I just might need it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can always back it up with a grilled cheese sandwich.... yours are the best....

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the hurricane! Nothing will ever change! I love you and am so glad you are in my life. It is for keeps no matter what!

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon