Monday, August 14, 2006

I'm On Ba-Rake

I thought it would be a good idea to hit up the local Wal Mart as late as possible. It was less than a week until Christmas, and I had a feeling the place was going to be a mad house. I got there at 9:30pm, and I was right, it was a zoo. I finally got everything on my list and went to join one of the check out lines that were at least 20 carts deep.

There was a very nice dressed lady in line in front of me. She must have had $500 dollars worth of groceries in her cart. When it was finally her turn she piled all of her items on the conveyer belt. By this time her ice cream was starting to melt, she was getting a little flustered. I had been standing in line for almost 45 minutes, I'm sure she had been there much longer. So she diligently stacked every item up, her entire cart was empty. The lady had some serious stacking stills, as her items stood stacked over three feet. That's when it happened, the most terrible Christmas spirit I could imagine. The checked looked at the lady, looked and her neatly stacked groceries, with ice cream dripping out of it's box, looked back at the lady and said, "I'm on BA-RAKE."

Then the checker turned and walked away. I was shocked, the lady in front of me was in tears. It was terrible, there is no BA-RAKE at the Wal Mart. My guess is the checker was overworked and lost her cool. I found another line, and managed to get out of there by midnight. When I walked back by the line I had been in the lady was still standing there, her items neatly stacked, her ice cream melting, with tears in her eyes. I told the manager and someone finally went over to help her. It was just so sad.

I've been on a BA-RAKE of sorts lately. I haven't made anyone cry, and no ice cream has melted because of it, but I've needed some me time. I've just sort of laid low and relaxed. I've gotten back into a me routine, and it's been nice. I had a good visit with Brother Chef in NC, and I'm getting ready for my next adventure this weekend as I fly to MS to see the MS Boy. However, my BA-RAKE is almost over, and it's been nice while it lasted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon