Thursday, July 06, 2006

Will I Pay

In relationships, how do you know if it's a bump in the road, a pothole, or if the bridge is out and you're going down? Apparently I hit more than a bump this weekend.

I've heard that the three most common issues couples argue about is sex, religion, and money. Well I mentioned to him this weekend that it was hard for me to pay for things all the time. I cook dinner for him (and pay for it all), I pick up dinner on the way out to his house (and pay for it all), I almost always pay for my own drinks when we go out, throw in gas to his house, the food he eats when he comes over after his softball games, etc. This adds up to a lot of money every month. Granted I would buy my own drinks for myself if I went out, and I would cook dinner for myself, but I wouldn't cook as much or as often if I was just cooking for one. The thing is, a lot of this stuff is my own fault because I volunteer to do it. That is something I have got to stop doing, but that's me, I love to do things for others.

Money started this argument, and in the process almost ended our relationship. Now I wonder, will I pay for pointing out the above things? Will he make me pay for pointing these things out? And, is our relationship as strong as I thought it was if this type of conversation almost ended us?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hum.....interesting. Is "the boyfriend" from the north? Cause, no southern boy would do this. His mamma would have raised him better and his daddy would be appalled.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon