Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Here Comes The Old Lady

Engagement parties, stock the bar parties, weddings, it seems like everyone is getting married this summer. I've been to two weddings, and there are two more that I will be attending. The crazy thing is, I've just met all of these people in the last six months.

Attending all of these weddings and parties has got me to thinking about what kind of wedding I want some day. Of course I've had this image in my mind since I was a little girl. My fairytale wedding has changed over the years, I know my groom won't be Clay Walker (yes he was my first crush when I was young, funny I haven't listened to his music in years). I no longer want 12 bridesmaids, I can't even think of 12 girls I would put through that experience. I no longer think I will be married by the time I'm 23 (my "old age" indicator when I was little), since I've already passed that age. And I no longer want a huge white frilly dress that will only make me look like a giant cupcake in pictures years later-when it's out of style.

However, today, right now, I know some basic things I want. I do want no more than five bridesmaids. I do want the color purple to be incorporated into the wedding somehow in honor of my grandmother. I would really like to take the wedding party and my family to a beach someplace, but I'm sure tradition will rule this decision and I will get married in a church with hundreds of people present. I do want a huge reception with lots of food, drinks, and dancing (although this could still be done after a wedding if I get married on a beach some place). Also, I do want my favorite priest from my childhood to do the wedding.

I want to dance to "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison, I want my little brother to be in the wedding party, and I want my best friend from home to be my maid of honor. I want to have a shower in LR and in my small southern home town for my family, his family, and their friends. I want a stock the bar party with crawfish, lots of cold beer, and friends my age.

These are all the things I want someday, not today, and not any time soon, but some day. The only thing is, by the time I have my "fairytale wedding" I'll probably be 90 years old and I will be forced to use a walker down the isle, or maybe I can get a rascal. They will adjust the entrance song to "Here Comes the Old Lady" instead of "Here Comes the Bride", and my husband and I will dance to that song that goes; when I get old, losing my hair, I wonder if I'll still be your Valentine. There will be jello instead of cake because we probably won't have any teeth, and my husband and I will ride off into the sunset on our matching rascal's will tin cans of Ensure dragging behind!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon