Thursday, August 31, 2006

Monogamous Monopoly


I've been thinking a lot about monogamous relationships. Just when I was starting to think I didn't want to be in any type of monogamous anything, along came a long distance relationship. It's not easy, we only see each other every two weeks. I know it could be much worse, but I'm not used to not seeing the person I'm interested in, it takes some getting used to.

So, how do you decide if a relationship is monogamous worthy? I've decided it's a lot like monopoly. Obviously when you start dating someone you look at the characteristics he or she wants you to see. Personality, looks, grooming, attitude, job, etc. are always the first things noticed.

I've decided I don't want to date a Baltic Avenue, while he maybe cute, and close to home, he's cheap, and when that new wears off, he's not going to be that great anymore.

I could settle for a Saint Charles Place, he's a bit of a bad guy (close to the jail), and of the medium price range. But why would I settle for that when I could have dinner with Mr. New York Avenue? He knows how to treat a lady, and he's got his finger on the free parking!

I've dated the Marvin Gardens, and while they look sweet and innocent, they are a jail term waiting to happen. Of course Board Walk is what most girls would like to have. Mr. BW is never afraid to jump on GO, he has lots of money to throw around, and he's pretty desired by other realtors (i.e. women). But that's just not me.

I'm more of a middle of the road type of girl, I like the well rounded guy. The guy that can get his hands dirty during the day, but clean up and look fantastic at night. Give me Pennsylvania Avenue any day. He's close to home, but not too close, he's not afraid to travel (he is close to the Railroad), he's grounded, stable, just the right mix.

Monopoly has always been one of my favorite games, and when it comes to dating I think it's important for a girl to move around the board a few times, see what she likes before she finds herself in a monogamous relationship!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon