Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I Heart Mississippi

It was nothing like what I thought it would be, and exactly the way I wanted it to be. There was nothing strange or uncomfortable about it, it was just perfect. From the moment I finally arrived in Biloxi (more on that later) until the time he took be back to the airport, it couldn't have been any better. Well except for him being sea sick the entire time we went deep sea fishing, poor thing.

We drank wine, had lovely meals, and great conversation. We laughed, we aggravated each other, we walked on the beach and picked up shells. We sat out on his back porch and talked about future weekends, future trips, and if there was a future there.

We spent 12 hours on the ocean fishing (I fished, he tried not to throw up). I caught a few Red Snapper and some other stuff. I didn't catch anything huge or exciting, but I didn't care. I was amazed by the dolphins we saw, the smell of the ocean, the huge waves, the hermit crabs on the island we went to. It was just so beautiful. I completely fell in love with it.

We drove around Biloxi and he showed me all of the devastation from the hurricane that hit almost a year ago. I just couldn't believe how bad things still are. There are blocks upon blocks of land with nothing left but a pile of ruble or a concrete slab that used to be a home. There are still FEMA trailers all over the place. It's so sad to think that people have been living in those conditions for so long. It made me want to move down there and try to help.

I loved Biloxi, and I can't wait to go back. I loved spending time with him, and meeting his friends and some of his family. I will see my MS Boy in a few weeks in Oxford, but until then I have great memories of the short time I spent with him this past weekend, and the fun I had. I miss it already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon