Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Never Will Accommodate

That's right, NWA, better known as Northeast Airline. I flew them this weekend on my way to and from Mississippi, and let me tell you it was horrible.

First my flight was delayed for two hours in Memphis. We boarded the plane and sat there forever. Then the air conditioner quit working, then we taxied out on the runway only to be sent back to the gate due to electrical problems. Then we sat some more in the heat of the cabin only to de-board, run around the airport until they finally found a plane for us, and board again. Then there were no drinks, but they did give us a voucher for a free drink up to $10 on an international flight that we must use in the next six months. Seriously, it was ridiculous. The best thing I can say is, at least we got to Gulf Port that night (at 11:30pm) in one piece.

On Monday when I began my trip home, same story, different day. A five and a half hour delay in Memphis on the way back to Little Rock. This time, you guessed it, electrical problems on the plane-again. Only this time the staff was rude and disrespectful. We sat on the plane for an hour and a half while they tried to "work out the problem". Then we de-boarded, went to three different gates before they found a plane that could take some of us to Little Rock. The others would be left behind and would get to fly out the next day at 11:55am. Then they told us the flight was canceled all together. By this time it was 5:00pm and we were supposed to be back in LR at 3:15pm. Then the mean, hateful crew said that we would be flying, but that some of the first class passengers would be bumped. Bumped they were, back to coach so that another NWA crew could sit in their first class seats back to LR. Did they receive anything for this downgrade, a voucher of some sort? No, they did not, and neither did those of us who finally got to LR five and a half hours late.

So, while I’m happy I made it to and from Mississippi in once piece, you can understand why I am not a fan of NWA, now known to me as Never Will Accommodate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon