Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Baby!

It's been a year, that's right, a whole year since my first post. I can't believe it 's been that long. It seems like just yesterday I wrote that I WANT, WHAT I WANT, WHEN I WANT IT, by the way, I haven't changed my mind about that. I've been thinking about what turns my life has taken in the past year. What has made me smile, what has make me cry, what has made me, me.

One year ago I had just moved back to Central Arkansas from North Carolina. I had just taken a job, moved into a cute, and later to be broken into house, met a new neighbor, and started my old-new life back in Little Rock. I bought a dog, named him after expensive luggage, and he and I began getting to know each other and our new home. My neighbor and I shared several nights on our back steps with our little dogs, a cold drink, and an occasional smoke. I was content to stay home most every night with Louie V and a good movie.

Then the weather turned colder, I met a few boys that helped to change my mind about staying home so much, and I met a new good friend. I started going out more, went to my first Hogs game, and realized my appreciation for a good Vodka Tonic. The celebration of the new year left me a little disappointed as I realized that I wasn't any different than I had been the year before. Still dating all the wrong guys, still working in basically the same job for the same amount of money, no major vacations to look forward to, and still weighing a few pounds more than what I wanted to. But I also realized I was healthy and fairly happy, it could have been much worse.

As I snuggled in for a cold winter, I met a guy who warmed me up a little. Actually he was a long time crush that finally took notice and ask me out. It was short lived though as he had a million and one things going on in his life, and there just wasn't room for me. I moved on, a little upset by the ordeal, but I knew that it was for the best. He had a long road to travel, and he didn't need me tagging along.

The weather started to warm up, and my best friend from home became a father. This made our lives very different. We are definitely not as close as we used to be, but we are growing up, it can't always be beer and back roads when I come home.

Then I met the guy that would change some things, well for a couple of months before he hit the road. He was fun while he lasted, but it was never meant to be. So I went back to me and Louie V. I moved into a new, safer apartment as my house continued to get vandalized on an almost daily basis, my best neighbor moved to another town, and I was almost starting all over again. I got back into the habit of taking care of myself, and not a boyfriend. I got used to my own schedule again, and I lost those few pounds I'd been trying to get rid of.

The last relationship had left me a little shaky, but an old acquaintance came along and smoothed me out. He was sweet, thoughtful, and treated me exactly the way I wanted to be treated. After an amazing weekend on the coast with him, I never considered looking back. I knew that things would be difficult, but I wanted to try. I knew the distance would be hard, but to me it was worth it. Then, just a few hours before he was supposed to fly out to see me in LR, we ended it. It was just to hard, to difficult, and to much work. That was a few days ago.

Looking back, I can't see that I've really changed that much since this time last year. I still have most of the same friends, throw in a few new ones. I'm still happy, healthy, and Louie V is full grown (minus his package that was taken from him at 6 months old). I still love sexy jeans and pointed toed high heals. I still love funky jewelry and not to much makeup I still love to slow dance in my living room with someone special, and I still love to run and work out most every day.

So here's to another year of not to many changes. Happy Birthday Baby!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You totally forgot to mention the countless months of endless all night fun that you and a few of your fellow dd buddies had,the cool crew, and your few afternoons spent driving miss daisy. I hear miss daisy soooooooo misses you! This past year has been a lot of changes, you may not see them, but they are there. You only continue to grow and become an incredible person. I am glad to call you mt friend.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're Beautiful....You're Beautiful....You're Beautiful it's true......

With Gods sweet grace....we first touched your face...and your dad and I both knew.....

We'd always share our love with you...you make it easy to be proud of you....

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon