Thursday, September 14, 2006

She Shoots, She-Bricks?

I've been wondering a lot lately about dating and basketball. When is it okay to rebound date, and when do you line up, and shoot to score. As I've recently gotten out of a relationship, I was faced with a full court press by another guy. He said and did everything right. After a month of talking on the phone every day, I flew out to Biloxi to see him. We had a great time, he reminded me of how I wanted to be treated. I hadn't been treated with that much respect in a long time.

But then I wondered, will this be a rebound? I was fresh out of a relationship. I didn't want it to be just a rebound, I've know the guy forever, and player he is not. So the weekend was a true test to me as to rather or not there would be feelings there when I left to come home. The feelings were there, but I still wasn't completely convinced that it wasn't sun, beach, and cute boy induced feelings. I needed to be sure.

Then I decided to just go for it, I closed my eyes and threw a Hail Mary shot. I went to Oxford a couple of weeks later to see him and hang out with his family. And something happened, it wasn't the same. I wondered if it was the lack of sand or sun, or the fact that my sweet affectionate MS Boy wasn't like I remembered when I'd first gone to visit him. The feelings just weren't there, and that's when I think I realized that the ball is still in the air, in my court mind you. He will be in LR to see me this weekend, and I'm waiting to see if the ball will bounce off the glass at the buzzer, or if it will hit nothing but net!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should have chosen volleyball. You were always good with the aces. However, you were extremely agressive and not opposed to fouling out and as I recall... pretty damn good with the 3 shot in bb.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon