Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hunt Less Fish More

This post is dedicated to a good friend of mine from the district. He loves to hunt and fish, and I don't think he has done much of either since my last visit to the district. I promise to come back soon, if you promise to hunt and fish with me at RRG!

I used to be more of a hunter, (okay I can already see that this post could possibly border on redneck metaphors reading, so lets keep in mind that I live in Arkansas and grew up hunting and fishing) I would go after what I wanted. I knew what I wanted and I wasn't scared to say so. I was ready for the chase, and I was ready to catch what I wanted. If I was out with my girlfriends and I saw a cute guy I wanted to talk to, I would approach him--after some careful flirting. If I wanted to pursue another career, I would. I packed up my stuff and moved half way across the country just to chase a dream (not a guy, a real dream). I wasn't scared of anything, and I was ready for any challenge. Maybe I was a little reckless or careless. Whichever it was, it made for some interesting experiences and stories.

Things are different now. I don't feel the need to run down what I want. I tend to lay back, I'm not as aggressive. Oh I still want what I want when I want it, but I don't mind waiting for it for a short time. I'm not sure when this change occurred. It could have been chasing down things that just weren't good for me, or it could have been maturing and realizing that good things come to those who wait. Either way, I tend to fish more and hunt less. I don't feel the need to talk to every cute guy I see, I don't see the point in moving away from the people I love again just to chase my dream job. I'm comfortable, I'm relaxed, I'm home. Don't get me wrong, I'm not scared of a challenge, I just don't create one on purpose.

However, there are down falls to both hunting and fishing. When you fish all the time you could become lazy waiting on something to happen when you could make it happen yourself. When you hunt all the time, you tend to be to aggressive. But just remember, when you go fishing, the bait always dies, and hunting is about survival of the fittest.

Yes, definitely way to full of redneck metaphors. Hope you enjoy it my district friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon