Thursday, January 05, 2006

Waiting

It seems like I spend so much time waiting. I wait in traffic to get to work. I wait all morning for my lunch break so I can go home and see my dog or go out to lunch with a friend. I wait all afternoon to go to the gym. I wait for the weekend, I wait for a fun night out with my friends, I wait for him.

I've been waiting for him since early September. I've been waiting for him to ask me out. I've been waiting to see him, waiting to see his smile, waiting to learn his personality, waiting to laugh with him, waiting for him to think about me, waiting to mean something to him.

During this time of waiting I've built him up to such a standard that there is no way he could possibly fulfill it. I'm almost certain I am setting myself for a let down because I have anticipated this for so long. But for once I don't care, I don't care if all of this waiting is for nothing.

Now I am waiting for our first date, which is supposed to be tonight. But things have happened, I don't know if we will see each other tonight. I may have to wait longer. *sigh* I hate waiting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has often been my experience that good things come to those who wait.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon