Friday, May 05, 2006

Anxious, Not Nervous

"Hey, it's nice to meet you," no, that's not it.
"Hello, very nice to make your acquaintance," no, to formal.
"Hi, it's so nice to meet you," huuuuum, that could be it.

I'm practicing in the mirror and trying to mentally run through my closet at the same time. What am I going to wear? I’m not nervous, definitely not nervous ( I sound like rain man), I'm anxious. Yeah, that's it, anxious. So back to the perfect outfit. I have it narrowed down to three things.

1. My white eyelet skirt, black stretchy tank and black beaded flip flops, with the black flower next to my ponytail. (Although I was saving this to wear to his brother in-laws concert next Saturday night)
2. My next door neighbors borrowed brown, ankle length knit skirt with a salmon stretchy tank and my brown flip flips.
3. Calling in sick and staying home.

It's a tough decision. It's just a BBQ, it's casual, it's can beer. There is no reason to be concerned about my appearance. But to me, there is. I want to make just the right impression, I want it to be great.

Okay, I've got to make my famous BLT Cheese ball (actually my mothers famous BLT Cheese ball). Of course I'm not going to show up empty handed, and it looks wonderful on my chili pepper tray with crackers. So, the white skirt I think. I'm sure I'll drop something down the front of it, I'm sure I'll make a mess somehow. But, it's comfortable, it's cute, it's grill worthy right? And of course flip flops, I shouldn’t wear strapy heals to a BBQ right? Definitely the flip flops, I need to be comfortable. I don't know why I'm nervous, I mean anxious.

It's just his family, and they sound pretty normal. I'm just meeting his family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon