Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Meet The Family And Meet Their Approval

The boyfriend met my family this past weekend. Mom, dad, brother chef, and my favorite cousin, he met them all and he met their approval.

As I've mentioned several times, I don't have many long term boyfriends. In fact I haven't really had any to speak of since moving to Little Rock almost three years ago. So introducing a boyfriend to my family, well it was a big deal for me.

Brother chef drove in from the coast early Friday morning. The boyfriend and I stayed the weekend at my cousins house, and partied with brother chef on Friday night. Then Saturday morning, hung over and tired, I went to get breakfast for everyone, and we got ready to meet mom and dad downtown. Thankfully dad understood the reason for Bloody Mary's, and was more than happy to order me one. We hung out at the hotel, had some drinks and snacks, and then moved on to the riverfront for BBQ Fest 06.

Mom and dad have never been to BBQ Fest, so they got to take it all in. We had drinks and food on the deck of my cousins booth. Dad had cigars for the guys, and they all sat around and bs'ed until late in the evening. It was wonderful. The boyfriend didn't get much conversation in, as we were all busy telling stories and laughing. But he sure learned a lot about my family just by listening.

I met his family a few weeks back, and I told him that I thought we were both raised in the same kind of atmosphere. Both families are very close knit, they are both Catholic, and they both believe in a cold beer or a stiff drink, good food, and lot's of laughing.

So the family tests are over, and I think we both passed (well I know he did). No one called the boyfriend by the wrong name (which has happened before, but that's another story) and no one peed in their pants. We ate, we drank (a lot actually) and we were merry!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we like him very much. Brother Chef, Favorite Cousin, The Dad and The Boyfriend bounced off each other like a well oiled pin ball machine. We have decided to adopt The Boyfriend. He fits in very well.

The Mom

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon