Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Stroken' and BBQ, There Is Nothing Better

Growing up in a small southern town I learned at an early age that there is not much better than a nice day, a cold beer, and anything cooked on a charcoal grill. That's why I'm so excited about this weekend. It's BBQ Fest time again in Memphis, and of course I'll be there to eat, drink, and be merry all weekend! This will be the forth year that I've gone, and I will have to say that every year has been more fun than the one before. And I think this year is going to be the best yet.

My favorite cousin is on a BBQ team, and since I've been going for so long, I've sort of become the team mascot. I would join in a second, but it's pretty expensive, and since I live in LR, it's not really feasible. So I'll go party all weekend with the S. Smokers, and eat as much BBQ as humanly possible. Oh, and people I am not just talking about some chopped pork and a rib or two. This team does it right, bacon rapped shrimp stuffed with cream cheese and hot peppers, duck rapped in bacon and stuffed with pepper cheese, ribs that fall off the bone, pulled pork that will make you want to slap someone, Bloody Mary's that are guaranteed to make the worst hangover disappear, a DJ, full bar, and a deck that overlooks the entire park. Not to mention, Clarence Carter is playing on Saturday night, which means all of BBQ Fest will be "stroken".

The boyfriend is going with me this year, this is significant for a couple of reasons. First, it will be the first time he has ever been to BBQ Fest. He's in for a treat! Second, this will be our first out of town trip (it still counts, even if it's just a two hour drive). Third, he will get to meet my favorite cousin. This is going to be great because the cousin is going to love him, and they are going to have lots in common. And finally, and most importantly, the boyfriend will get to meet my brother, who coincidentally, is also a BBQ Fest virgin. So, I'm super excited about this weekend.

The boyfriend and I are taking off early on Friday, and heading north (but not to far north)!!! We will meet my brother and my cousin, and we will eat, drink, and be merry all weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon