Thursday, June 01, 2006

I've Said

"This cork screw is junk," I remember saying that night. He had just brought me home and we thought a glass of wine on the front porch sounded like a good idea. After we fought to free the cork for several minutes we sat outside with a chilled glass of white and worked on getting to know each other. We had only known each other a week or so, but this would be one of many nights of fighting the cork screw and getting to know each other better.

A few weeks later we were off to see Cross Canadian Ragweed, my favorite band! He wasn't a big fan, yet, so I burned him a CD so he would know all the songs. When I got to his house that night he had a surprise for me, a new cork screw. A small gesture that meant so much to me. Funny thing, we haven't had a glass of wine since, but when we do, we won't have to fight the cork screw.

"I've got to buy a distressed straw cowboy hat," I remember saying when we got to the concert that night. There were hats everywhere, I had been eyeing one for a long time, but I'd never actually bought one.

A month or so later we went on a float trip to the Big Piney River. When I got to his house that morning he had a surprise for me, a distressed straw cowboy hat with a Miller patch on it. I could hardly believe it, I was so exited! He said he had had it for weeks, but he was waiting until we went on the river to give it to me. I didn't want to take it that day, I was afraid I would lose it. But he insisted, and several hours later it became a causality of "the mother" and I was without my surprise hat.

"I loved the book, I can't wait to see the movie," I remember saying when we saw a commercial for The DeVinci Code. A few days later he called and ask me what my plans were for May 19th. That was almost three weeks away. We were going to be out of town on the 19th, so he decided it would have to be later in the week.

A few weeks later he picked me up and took me to see the movie. He was lost through the first part of it and ask a lot of question, he didn't have time to read the book. But I loved explaining it to him. I was so excited to see it. He said he had read the reviews and they were mixed, but he said it was a recommended date movie. I thought it was really sweet that he took that much time to find out about the movie.

"Gerber Daisies are my favorite flower," I remember saying when I filled out an on-line survey on myspace. I took this survey when we first started seeing each other. I didn't think much about it, but apparently he read it, and remembered.

A couple of months later, the night he picked me up for our movie date, he brought me flowers. The Gerber Daises were beautiful, I was so surprised. When I ask him how he knew he pointed out the survey. I thought that was very impressive that he remembered such a small thing. It meant a lot more to me that he listened.

"He listens and pays attention to me," I've said.
PS. He replaced the lost hat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon