Thursday, June 08, 2006

Through The Stomach To The Heart

As I've mentioned before, I love to cook. I don't always have the most original recipes, and lets face it, I'm the sister of a chef, I'm not expected to cook when I go home to visit. However, despite my family constantly calling me the "microwave queen" I have become quite comfortable in the kitchen. I don't cook a lot of exotic dishes, and I tend to cook the kind of food I like, which usually translates into meat and potatoes. But, I do cook, and the boyfriend is just brave enough to try my cooking.

I decided a while back I wanted to cook something I'd never tried before. Something not to challenging, but also something that wasn't to common around my house. So tonight, I'm headed straight to the boyfriends heart by route of his stomach. I'm cooking Cornish Game Hens, smashed garlic potatoes, rolls, and spinach salad with almonds and dried cranberries.

I've been thinking about this meal for several weeks, and I'm very excited. I'm going to baste the hens in a mixture of apple juice, honey, garlic, onions, and rosemary. I'm going to stuff them with oranges, and surely they will be delicious. I'm going to make smashed potatoes like my momma taught me to, with lots of butter and milk, and hopefully he will enjoy the Ben & Jerry's I bought for dessert.

A bottle of wine, a nice home cooked meal cooked with the best intentions, some Carmel Sutra, and hopefully straight to the heart with no signs of heartburn.

*This should have been posted yesterday, but Blogger was down all day*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon