Friday, June 02, 2006

Tough Love

I recently had a big falling out with a very good friend, my best in fact. It was very difficult for me, but I pretty much told her exactly what I thought. I didn't candy coat it, I didn't dance around the issues. I came right out and talked to her about what was bothering me. It was very difficult, probably more so for her.

The strange thing about the situation is that I wasn't mad at her. I wasn't pissed, I wasn't angry. When I talked to her, everything I said was brought on by my love for her. The entire time I remember thinking, don't lose your cool and don't lose your patience, she is very special to you, and you must stay focused and remember that this is probably very hard for her to hear.

This friend is so much like me that when the discussion was over, she did exactly what I would do. She put it behind her and we have moved on like nothing is wrong. Because it's not, everything is great again. The thing is, we are so much alike, we are both Alpha's, and I think this sometimes can cause tension between us. So I try to remember that even though I like to be the planner, and be in control, I can't be all the time.

This friend is so special that she wrote me a not to tell me how much I mean to her and how much she loves me. That's the kind of friend she is, some how she just knows what to say and how to say it. She knows when to remind you how important you are, and she does it in such a way that you feel like the most loved person in the world. But don't get me wrong, she is still as tough as nails!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon