Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Trying To Shift Back

When relationships first start, there is a certain element there, a certain spark, a certain bliss. Things are sweet, hands are held, kisses on the forehead are frequent, things are easy. But eventually these things fade a little, sometimes they almost disappear all together. So what causes this? What induces this change?

For some relationships, they just fade because there is a certain comfortableness there that makes those sweet sentiments not really necessary any more. In some relationships, the sentiments were never really real in the first place. So when the "show" part of the relationship is over, so are the forehead kisses and flowers for no reason. But other relationships take a turn that inadvertedly causes a shift, and with this shift, the sentiments change.

I think this is what happened with me. Then again I could be getting way ahead of myself and this is not happening at all.

Obviously there has been a turn, more like a head on collision that threw me in the other direction. I'm worried that maybe in my attempt to hold on to what I had, I may have pushed it away, and with it my guy who gives me Gerber Daises, takes me fishing, replaces my lost hat, slow dances with me in the living room, and generally just makes me really happy. I really like all of these things. I've never really had this before, and I'm not ready to give it up yet.

This makes me wonder, in relationships, how can you shift back?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God has a plan for all of us and only time will tell which way things will shift. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon