Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Loves In My Life Vol. III

There are other loves in my life besides my friends, family, and Louie V. I have always had a certain attraction to music. Certain songs remind me of certain times in my life, certain heart aches, milestones, people even. I have found that my music interests have changed over the years. One of the first groups I remember getting really attached to was Areosmith ( I was like 12--this was post Vanilla Ice--thank goodness that fad didn't last ). I remember the first time I heard the song "What It Takes", I loved it. I listened to it constantly. I was also a huge fan of "Ragdoll", "Crazy", all of the Areosmith classics.

When my college boyfriend broke my heart, I could no longer listen to Kenny Chesney's, "Back Where I Come From", we had listened to that a million times while drinking beer and riding the back roads. When I moved to Little Rock I was very much into Coldplay, it will always remind me of driving around town and finding my way. Then later the song "Trouble" by Coldplay reminded me of the long term boyfriend I lost when I moved away from him to pursue my life in Little Rock.

Last spring I started listening to Big Head Todd and the Monsters, and I still love them. In fact, when I drove out to Charlotte, NC, I drove through the Smokey Mountains--which I had never done before. It was the most beautiful drive ever. I remember that "Tower" by Big Head Todd came on, and it was amazing how relaxing the drive became with the beautiful scenery and the music that almost seemed like it was written for that drive. Then when I drove out of Charlotte to go home and attend a funeral of a very good friend of mine, I listed to David Grey's "This Years Love", and cried as I realized how much I would miss my friend and how the situation didn't seem real. I remember driving through the Smokies and wanting to listen to "Tower" again, but I knew it wouldn't be the same as the first time, and I wanted to always remember my first drive to Charlotte and that perfect song.

Now, I find myself listening to Southern Rock. (Or Texas Country as some of my friends call it) I am addicted to Cross Canadian Ragweed. I have become a HUGE fan. I bought their newest CD a couple of weeks ago, and tried my best to learn every word. The entire album is just amazing, but "Breakdown" somehow fits me right now. It talks about how you always want to break down, but there just isn't time. That songs really speaks to me, it's so beautiful and true.
Music is another thing that you can love that will never let you down. It will always be there to remind you of the good and the bad times. It will always speak to your soul and comfort you when you need it. And hopefully, occasionally, new albums come out from your favorite artists, and you fall in love all over again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anisa said...

great post...songs really take me back to certain times as well. coldplay's "trouble" reminds me of moving to dc...what a great song!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon