Thursday, January 26, 2006

How A Sweet Southern Girl Gets The Boot

A good friend of mine called me late last night with some very upsetting news. She needed me to come get her, she was at a guys house she has been seeing, and she got the boot.

Of course I had been in bed for close to an hour, but she's a good friend, and good friends aren't the easiest thing to come by. So, I jumped out of bed, grabbed Louie V and rushed right over. I wasn't sure what state of mind she would be in. Her and this guy haven't been seeing each other long, but she sounded upset on the phone. I didn't know exactly what to expect.

On the drive over I had plenty of time to think about why she called me instead of having him take her home. I was almost certain it had a little bit to do with pride. I also knew he had to work this morning, and I 'm sure she just wanted to get out of the situation and go home to decompress.

Upon arriving at his apartment complex, she thanked me over and over. She said she just didn't know what to do. She ask me what I thought and I told her it would be okay, not to worry, we would handle it. I took the booted friend home, and she promised to call me in the a.m. to fill me in on the details.

When she called this morning she told me she had to pay $95 to get the boot off her car. Apparently she parked in a "residents only" space instead of a visitors spot. She was so thankful I was able to pick her up, and that the "debooters" messed up her ride and she had to take it to a dealership. What a pain.

And that my friends is how a sweet southern girl gets the boot!

*Lately I've had to much going on to write about, so I have been more focused on my friends and their interesting lives. Hope you all still enjoy, I have some very interesting friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon