Monday, January 30, 2006

Just When You Think Things Are Back To Normal

I am so pissed off. Just when I thought things where back to normal for a family member of mine, everything falls apart. He lives on the east coast, and he is in school. He is trying his best to make a life for himself, be successful and happy, and get his degree. He works all the time, he makes the deans list every semester, and he's established himself in the city he lives in- not an easy feat.

He has matured, he's grown, and he has the absolute worst luck ever. A couple of weeks ago his truck got broken into. The culprits stole his wallet, stereo system, satellite radio, back pack, sunglasses, watch, tennis rackets, and I Pod. Basically they cleaned him out. He was so upset, he called the city PD, and they refused to come take a report. They told him he would have to file it on line. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF SUCH BS?

The night before his truck got broken into, it almost got towed. He wasn't parked illegally, he wasn't breaking any rules, basically he got scammed. The guys towing the truck said they would only leave it if he paid them in cash. My family member didn't know what else to do, so he paid them. The next night, they showed up and broke into his truck, and since the police didn't show up, it's not likely they will catch the vandals.

He has since gotten his broken windows repaired and replaced his stereo. I bought him a new I Pod and mailed it to him. (I knew how much he used it when he was in the library studying ) He was still working out the insurance details when his luck turned bad again. This past Friday night his truck got stolen. He had gone home from work and went to sleep, and a few hours later the police called to tell him they had found his truck. He didn't even know it was gone. The people that stole it took it for a joyride and trashed it pretty good. Now my family member is having to deal with that on top of everything else.

That just pisses me off. I have a major problem with people that steal and vandalize. But knowing that this stuff keeps happening to someone I love very much, well that's even worse, and that's why I'm pissed off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon