Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Looking At Life Like A Man

A girlfriend of mine pointed something out to me this past weekend. She said, "Anne, you date like a guy, you seriously do."

Could this be? Surely not, how can I date like a guy? Well I've been thinking about it the past few days, and my friend may have a point. I do have quite a few guy like personality traits (personality only, not physical). I love to hunt and fish, I love NASCAR, I can quote guy movies all day long. I can actually get into a quote war with movies like Joe Dirt, Tombstone, Lonesome Dove, (I am already quoting lines from the movie Ricky Bobby, and it won't be out until like August.) this is something none of my girlfriends can do. In fact, my best girlfriend is convinced that's one of the reasons guys are attracted to me is because of my extensive knowledge of Joe Dirt and other guy flicks. She is planning on renting the movie this weekend. She thinks it might "help her game".

So obviously I'm a bit of a tomboy. Okay, but what about the "dating like a guy part"? How have I come to that? Well, first of all, from previous reads, it's obvious to see my slow transgression towards my current attitude. I haven't dated anyone that interests me, no one that really challenges me. I get bored, I get tired of bs. I run around all weekend, meet guys, and don't think twice about them. This sounds like a lot of guys I know. So are there other girls out there like me? Are there other girls out there that love guys, love the way they look, the way they smell, the way they make us feel, but just haven't found one worth loving?

Well I don't know how to get out of this state of mind. How do I stop looking at things like a man? I wish I really knew Joe Dirt, he would know what to do. He would say Ann, "You got to keep on keepin' on, you can't have no in your heart".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon