Wednesday, February 08, 2006

All The Right Little Things

I've been thinking about past dating experience, relationships, crushes, etc. (It seems like I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately) I've been thinking about all the little things I want. I am so used to not getting anything back that it seems like the little things are so much better than I ever remembered them to be. Funny how much more appreciative you are of things when you've done without for so long.

The little things have begun to add up and do big things for my attitude. A phone call when promised, an e-mail, a text message to say hi, a stop by late at night just to see me, an introduction to his friends, a lunch date during the middle of the week, advance plans for the weekend, future plans for the next month. All of these things have added up, and they have equaled out to something I'm very comfortable with. I don't feel any anxiety, no nervousness. I haven't been comfortable in so long that I almost can't remember how it feels. It's not infatuation, it's not a crush. It's respect, it's better.

In the past I've lied to myself. I've tried to convince myself that things were better or worse than the reality of the situation. I've been negative, non-trusting, pessimistic. I've been a little bitter, a little spiteful, a little spinster. But not right now, right now I'm a little happy, a little excited, a little comfortable.

He's done all the right little things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon