Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sometimes You Need To Escape

Sometimes when I'm tired, over whelmed, angry, sad, or just in need of a break from Little Rock, I need to escape. I did that this past weekend. I had three days off, so Louie V and I went home to my small southern town. I went back to a slower pace, a comfortable lifestyle, friends, family, and a snow storm too. It was a great weekend, it was what I needed to recharge and rethink some things.

I met up with my best friend from high school, and we took the town by storm. Well actually we just had a couple of fun nights fueled by our love of scotch and vodka tonics. It was wonderful! The house band was playing at the only bar in town, it snowed and was absolutely beautiful, and the drinks where much cheaper than in Little Rock.

Saturday my moms "stylist" came to our house and cut and colored our hair--now that's service. I didn't even bother to get out of my PJ's. I cooked soup, corn muffins, brownies, and rotell for my parents. We watched the NASCAR race (yes I actually do watch cars going round and round a track), we played cards, we watched movies, I relaxed. It was nice to escape, if only for a weekend.

I had plenty of time to think. I had plenty of time to decide a few things (more on that tomorrow). And I had just enough time to catch up with some people that don't live in Little Rock, people I don't get to see very often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon