Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Speed Dating

Apparently Speed Dating is coming to Little Rock soon, but I think I've been doing it for months now. Okay, not the actual "sit and have an organized conversation with a guy for ten minutes then the bell rings and you switch" type dating, lets not get crazy. But I've had lot's of quick relationships where it mine as well have been ten minutes. What's ten minutes to a week or so?

Last November I decided to go on a hunger strike, no more dating until after the New Year. I thought I needed time to regroup, to clear the slate-so to speak. I was also waiting around on someone to ask me out, and I knew this would happen after January 1. So since then, I've dated/hung out with six guys. Six!! That's in less than two months, that can't be right. But it is, and it averages out to not much more than about a week a guy.

This has to be a new form of speed dating. I've known and admitted for some time now that I'm a serial dater, but I'm starting to wonder if this is a problem. I don't want to be a serial dater, it's just how things happen for me. I don’t want to just date a guy for about a week, but that's the habit I've been in. Of the six guys I've dated, only one had my attention and kept it, only one made an affect on me.

So, for now, I guess I'm destined to be involved in my own type of speed dating. I meet a guy, we go out a couple of times, we talk pretty often, and then poof, the bell rings and I lose interest and move on to the next potential date (victim).

I know, I know, I just haven't met the right guy yet. This could be the reason why I date around so much. But, of five, surely one of them could interest me enough to keep me around for more than a week. Then again, maybe I’m just not ready to slow date.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please learn to use spell-check. It will make you look as smart as you are undoubtedly are. :)

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Lord.....don't be petty....who cares about the spelling.....I LOVE your Blog!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

First Anonymous...I'll use spell check if you recheck your grammer. "as smart as you undoubtedly are" But thanks for the hint!!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon