Thursday, February 23, 2006

Men And Unicorns

Well I think I've done it. One long weekend at home, several ignored phone calls, a few nonspecific e-mails, and absolutely no guys in my life right now. None! It's relaxing, it's uncomplicated, it's so freaking boring. What was I thinking, seriously? No, no, I was right to have this bit of early spring cleaning. I don't want to date someone just to occupy my time, I'm not that kind of girl. I'm not going to go out to dinner this Saturday night with a guy I'm not interested in just for an expensive meal, that's not who I am. I do love sashimi though!

So, this is not the first time I've decided to just be completely single, it's not the first time I've gotten rid of every member of the opposite sex (that wasn't a family member, good friend, or Louie V). This is actually the third time, three times in the past two years. Now, I am going to have a great girls weekend, so hopefully I will meet some new interesting boys. I say boys because as my girlfriends and I have discussed, we rarely date men. Apparently they don't exist, they are a myth, like unicorns or honest politicians.

I'm very much looking forward to this weekend though. I haven't had a weekend in LR in three weeks, I'm due for a good night of listening to live music at my favorite bar. I'm due for a drink with my girl friends. I'm due for some innocent flirting with boys. I'm due for some dancing and a toast to the girls!

*Here's to unicorns and men, may the myth become a reality, or a least a story that will become a legend!* (I just made that up by the way!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon