Friday, March 10, 2006

You're Pretty Hott For White Trash

I should have known I wouldn't get any sleep. Six sorority sisters, their dates, and a couple of Air Force guys thrown in,-- it was going to be a wild time. It was Friday night (actually early Saturday morning) and I had to be at work at noon. I had a big event I had been planning for months, alot was riding on it. I should have knew better than to get a hotel room with all of these drunk people. I should have driven back to LR instead of staying the night in Memphis. I should have done a lot of things that night, but it had been two years since I had seen most of these people, and I wanted to catch up with them.

At 3am it was obvious I wasn't going to get any sleep. The music was blaring in the room, one of the AF guys had just come back with about 10 lbs. of chicken wings (drunk food), a couple of the girls where singing and dancing on the bed (that I was trying desperately to sleep in), and everyone else was smoking. It didn't look like this party was going to end any time soon.

As much as I wanted to stay, I knew if I was going to be responsible for work the next morning, I had to find a place to sleep, I had to get out of that hotel room. The room had been a last minute decision by the group. There where no rooms to be had downtown, so we basically gave the front desk guy $500 in cash and a credit card to put the room on. He pocketed the cash, and we got a single king room on the top floor, we had to access the elevator with a card. There was Champaign in the room, and a card from the hotel staff that read, "We hope your show went well. Please enjoy your stay in Memphis."

What show? How did we get such a plush room?

After I announced that I was leaving to go sleep at a friends house, I picked up my overnight bag and walked out into the hallway. I turned towards the elevator and there he was, the hottest white trash I had ever seen. He looked right at me.

He had on a green striped shit and his signature hat. His long hair was combed, there was a cigarette tucked behind his ear, and he had a five o'clock shadow. He gave me a half smile.

"You look just like Kid Rock," I said.

He laughed, "I am Kid Rock," he said.

"Your pretty hott for white trash," I said back.

He just looked at me, laughed, and walked down the hall.

It was amazing. I'm sure no girl has ever said that to him and meant every word of it. I was mesmerized. It was great. I will never forget that moment.

I later found out that he had played in Memphis that night. That's why all of the downtown hotels had been booked. He will be in LR next Friday night, and in Memphis on Saturday. I have tickets to see him in Memphis, that's our town, it's where we first met. It's where I first saw that hott white trash. I'm excited to actually see him in concert, I've always liked his music, and I'd like to see that Hott White Trash again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon