Monday, June 19, 2006

Candle Light And Cops

What do you get when you cross a yummy meal, candle light, slow music, a break in, and the LR Police Department? You get my Friday night!

I planned all week, I was so excited. I was going to cook a romantic dinner for the boyfriend on Friday night. I grocery shopped, I cleaned up-just a little, I picked out a cute but casual skirt, I shaved my legs. I had my favorite perfume on, Aroma Geisha, that I'm about out of and can't purchase any where. I had slow music in the stereo, I had candles ready to be lit. I was totally prepared for a nice romantic evening at home with the boyfriend.

What I wasn't prepared for was the phone call I got a little later. My next door neighbor had been staying with her daughter and son in law all week. They just had their first baby, a sweet little boy, and my neighbor was needed to help them get settled in. I picked up her mail like I always do when she is out of town. She got home on Friday, and it was so great to see her. She came straight over before even going into her house. We had a cold beer while I cooked dinner and we got all caught up. The boyfriend arrived about five minutes after the neighbor left, and that's when I got the phone call.

"Anne, would you come right over, and bring the boyfriend? Something is disturbing me, and I need you here," said my neighbor.

Of course we rushed right over. The neighbors house had been broken into while she was gone. Nothing was missing, but they had managed to break several antiques while trying to climb through the window, and they destroyed the locks on her window. We think when they broke a bunch of glass they got scared and ran off. The strange thing is, they took the time to pull the window and screen back down, so I didn't notice it when I was getting the mail. The also broke into the window on the busiest street.

I called a friend of mine who is a detective for the city, and he suggested we call the police and file a report. The police were great, very helpful, and very nice. My neighbor was a bit shook up. We sat outside on the back steeps and waited for the officers to show up, and at one point she said to me, "I'm going to get some more alcohol, let me know when the cops show up." Now that's something you don't usually hear.

After the reports were given, and the neighbor was more relaxed, the boyfriend and I went home to enjoy our nice romantic dinner. I cooked a beer chicken in the crock pot, green bean bundles, and mashed potatoes. It was a great meal, the boyfriend brought a bottle of wine, and a we just ate and relaxed. I had planned on dessert and slow dancing in the living room after dinner. But we ended up sitting outside with the neighbor and talking instead.

We did find time for slow dancing though. A little Damian Rice and candle light, as soon as the cops left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon