Friday, December 29, 2006

A Year In Review And Hopes For 07

At this time last year I was writing about all of the guys I dated in 05, how crazy they were, how they affected me, how it ended, etc. This year has been a bit different, it's not been as date heavy, it's been more dating heavy.

I started off the year by hitting up the social lifestyle as often as possible. My good friend, formally know as the "hurricane" and I were regulars at the River Market and other hot spots. Then I started seeing a guy I had been wanting to date for months, and things slowed down just a little. He had way to much going on in his life, and I just didn't fit, so after a couple of weeks I was back on the scene with the tornado.

A couple of weeks later I started seeing the C of C guy. He basically wanted to get married and become Catholic for me. He was way into LR society, always attending gala's and fundraisers, but he wanted way to much from me way to fast. So after a couple of weeks that too was over. Funny, that guy is getting married next weekend! Guess he got what he wanted!

Then I sorta bounced around for awhile. The hurricane and I were in full force, wreaking havoc on any guy that crossed our path. We had a lot of fun, made a lot of memories, and ate a lot of MidTown cheeseburgers.

She introduced me to a friend of hers, and for the next several months he occupied my time, my thoughts, basically everything. But, of course, it was fun while it lasted but it wasn't built to last. At this time a lot of things changed for me. I moved out of my cute bungalow (for safety reasons) and moved into an apartment. I wasn't into my wild partying lifestyle the tornado and I had been so good at back in the winter months. I wanted to keep things quite, slow, I wasn't ready to go out and mix things up. My MS Boy entered the picture. Just days after one relationship ended he entered the picture and was such a good friend to me. My feelings towards him changed and we became a couple. For now, we still are. We live over 1000 miles apart, but we take things a step at a time, for now. The hurricane is also in a serious relationship, so our friendship has shifted from vodka tonics and flirting with cute boys to discussing our relationship over the phone because we don't see each other as much as we used to.

It hasn't been a terrible year, but it hasn't been easy. I lost one of my very best friends in October, and I'm still trying to make sense of that. I've never hurt so much for so long for one person, it's been a great loss in my life.

There are so many things I want for this next year. I feel like I've missed out on so many opportunities, and I'm trying very hard to take control of certain situations and do things for myself. So, the year 2007 is going to be about doing things for myself, and getting me where I want to be.

I hope everyone has a very safe and happy New Year! See you all in 07!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anisa said...

wishing you all the best in '07!! being from MS, i automatically started wondering who your MS Boy is...i guess that's the way it is for southerners. we think we know everyone from our home state! :)

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon