Friday, February 03, 2006

Excuses, Excuses

I've broken one of the "things I won't do" from my New Years non-resolutions. I went out with an ex. That's right, he's the one that just kept coming back, so I went out to dinner with him the other night.

I actually had a good time. We went to a Japanese restaurant that I really like. Then we went back and sat on my porch with a bottle of wine and talked. It was nice, we had a lot of things to catch up on. We did have a huge discussion on the reason why "women my age" are not married yet. (Are you kidding me? Women my age? I'm in my mid 20's) Anyway, the ex thinks that women my age aren't married because of women's rights. He feels like women no longer have to get married because they don't have to marry for the convenience of being "taken care of by a man". He said that women think they are so independent and superior now, that men get tired of them. (I'm sorry WHAT?) What man actually believes this?

Of course I was ready to fight this "theory". I told him I didn't know a man who wouldn’t want a woman who has a job and can contribute to the bill paying. I told him I thought a man would want a woman who was driven and working. He just laughed and said I was wrong about that. So it's my fault that I'm single because I have a job, I can pay my own bills, and I have drive? According to him it is. I don't know if someday he expects his wife to stay home and cook and clean for him, but if that's what he wants it's a good thing he's an ex. I told him if he ever used that excuse it would be because he was to lazy to actually put time into the relationship. He would use the fact that she was stable to get out of the relationship all together (or he would just never call her back, he's good at that).

So why did I go out with him in the first place? I really don't know. I guess I was interested in what he wanted. He's a very shady character. He probably won't call me again until at least the end of February, that's just his way. I won't sit around and wait on him, but I sure did enjoy the debate about why I will never find a husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon