Thursday, January 25, 2007

Romance And The Realist

I'm a realist, I just am. I don't look at the glass as being half empty or half full. I look at it and think, that glass only has half as much wine as it will hold in it, better get the bottle back out.

But while I'm this realist, lately, I've been thinking maybe I'm a bit of a romantic. I want romance in my life. I want slow dancing in the rain, or if it's too cold out, the living room will work. I want flowers for no reason, and little tokens just to make me smile. I want compliments, and car doors opened. I snuggling by the fire, and smores with red wine. I want to be kissed awake in the morning and to be surprised with breakfast in bed. I want to be kissed on the forehead in public, and I want my hand held just because he can't stand to not hold it. I want to be swept off my feet.

I've had a little taste of this lately, and I must say it's been amazing. In fact, it's been a little over whelming. But the realist in me wonders if it's romantic, or an agenda. I think maybe I'm just so taken aback by everything that I'm not sure if I should relax and trust him, or wonder about the old saying, "If it's seems to good to be true, it probably is".

Right now I can't help but wonder, can I enjoy the romance if I'm too worried about rather or not it's real?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Bass ProShop Coupon